Prosper EDC Online · (972) 346-3397 · 170 N. Preston Rd., Suite 50, Prosper, TX 75078
The Prosper Economic Development Corporation (PEDC) invites the opportunity to visit with you about your business needs. The Corporation is a Texas 4A sales tax corporation that invests its sales tax revenues on behalf of the community of Prosper. We encourage additional private investment that will increase and diversify the tax base, create jobs, lower residential taxes, increase the number of retail, commercial and industrial companies locating to the Town and improve Prosper residents' quality of life.
On May 6, 1995, Town of Prosper voters approved the 4A Sales Tax proposition which increased the sales and use tax by ½ of 1% for the promotion and development of new and expanded business enterprises. The Corporation is city-chartered and governed by a 5-member Board of Directors appointed by the Town Council.
4A eligible projects include land, buildings, equipment, facilities, improvements, and expenditures related to:
• Manufacturing, industrial, research & development, recycling, small warehouse and corporate headquarter facilities and distribution centers.
• Job training for primary jobs and commercial/retail.
• Infrastructure assistance for commercial/retail projects.
• Business-related sewer utilities and site improvements.
• Business airport facilities and port-related facilities.
• General airport facilities.
The PEDC Board regularly meets on the third Wednesday of each month, 6:00 p.m. The Prosper Economic Development Office is located at 170 N. Preston Rd, Suite 50, Prosper, TX. All meetings are open to the public.